Wednesday, February 09, 2011

So Tokyo, what can I say about you?

I first arrived in Haneda and stayed in the Hearton in Shinagawa Seaside... we were close to the bay so I decided it would be best to check out Tokyo Disneyland for a day then Tokyo DisneySea the next day. I love you DUFFY!

The next day we went to the island of Odaiba... VenusFort outlet shopping as well as a giant rainbow bridge and rainbow ferris wheel are some of the highlights, but I spent the most time at Toyota's largest showroom. Did you know there's a statue of liberty there as well? Did you also know there's a kitten store where they have a back room full of cats? Anyways, The MegaWeb where I finally checked out the Lexus CT 200h... It's a lot smaller that I would expect, but it still would be a great car.

Later, we headed on the Shinkansen Tokaido to Shin-Oksaka, the first thing I saw was tons of snow in Nagoya, where the winter olympics were held so I was slightly freaking out.
We luckly found a giant red check-in luggage. So it was a lot easier transporting all our goods we've acquired. On the trip back, I decided it would be a prime time to propose to Yelena.... she said yes! We celebrated by going to a 270yen dinner. LOL.

When we got back to Tokyo from Osaka, we made our base the Shibuya Tobu Hotel, which I must say has AMAZING customer service, I found a cardboard box, and the front desk person managed to find rope and a handle for me to transform it into a check-in luggage.

We did a lot of sightseeing. We met up with a good friend from college, Noriko. Some of the cities I was able to check out were Akihabra (Akiba), Shinjuku, like the government building.

The Haneda airport had the most lavish Hawaiian Airlines Premier lounge ever! We were the first people in there and it was like having 4 Japanese servants wait hand and foot... they had to teach me how to dispence hot water. I made off with a lot of aged scotch, cookies, and sushi galore. The massage chairs were coin operated, but they give you coins so you can sit as long as you want, and the internet is free as long as you enter your last name in ALL CAPS... goodness.

No comments: